E mail from Darin strauss
Beverly. . Thank you mom. .. Thank you for saying that.
When I finished reading "Half a Life," by Darin Strauss, I thought: "Like that. I want to write like that." I've only had that happen one other time. I went to Amazon to write a review, but that wasn't an option, maybe because I bought the book from McSweeney's. McSweeney's doesn't have a place for a reviews. I started to let it go, especially after I read all the reviews and praise the book has already received, but felt compelled to send him an email anyway.
So, I did. He sent an email back --- that it was just the thing he needed after a hard day of writing. It made me happy that I had followed my lead.
~~Beverly called, and we had a long talk. She'd had a hard day --- so much sadness in people that she is not allowed to address. I told her that her love came through the things that she did for them, and that was what they needed most; that she made a difference. She said, "Thank you, mom. Thank you for saying that."
No comments:
Post a Comment