Angela invited me to go with them when they look for her wedding dress.
Email from Lori Skinner:
Hi Vickie,
I want to thank you for being such an inspiration to me. I've watched from afar -- I mean Facebook -- as you've worked hard to bring your dreams to fruition, and at times I've yearned to do something similar. Now, it seems that my time has come.
I lost my job in January, and oh! I was so pleased! I'd been miserable for the last two years, and I'd thought of quitting many, many times, but I just couldn't bring myself to make the break. So, when my boss's bosses made the decision for me (my position as regional safety manager for a huge bus line simply ceased to exist), it was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I had to hold back a few tears when my boss's boss first gave me the news, but I was laughing by the time I was on my drive home. It was all such a relief.
So, there will be change. My husband, Wade, and I are going to sell our house, and move from northern BC to Wade's home province of Nova Scotia. All of his family is there, including his aging mother, and it just seems like the place to be. And here is where your inspiration comes into play ... there's a possibility of us becoming landlords and/or small business owners, and there have been a few properties we've looked at (online) that have cried out to me, "Artists' retreat"! And who knows what we'll buy, and what will happen, but Vickie, I want you to know that you have crossed my mind so many, many times as I think of creating good spaces in the world, and of creating beauty for others to share, while also following my heart.
I plan to start a blog when our journey east begins (actually, I've already created it, although I don't plan to start writing in it until the move begins: http://novascotiabound.wordpress.com/). The move itself should be a bit of an adventure. We have a 20-foot motor home that Wade will drive, while also pulling a covered trailer. And I'll drive my beloved Matrix. Wade will take our kitty with him in the motorhome, and I'll take our three birds in my car. We'll have CB radios to keep in touch with each other as we drive, and you can bet that I will always have my camera close at hand!
Once we get to Nova Scotia, we'll stay at Wade's sister's cottage, on the ocean, until we decide what we're going to buy, and where we're going to live.
And that's enough about me. As I said, Sweetie, I just want to let you know that you have made, and continue to make, a difference in this world. I am so very glad to know you.
Lori
No comments:
Post a Comment