Tori said she must really have Josh attached to this family. He was really sorry he couldn't come.
My turkey turned out really good. I just hadn't roasted a turkey in years. I hadn't ever brined one. I followed Alton Brown's instructions, and really turned out the best roast turkey I think I've ever eaten. The crock pot stuffing was good, too. Not exactly the way I remember my mothers, and not quite as good stuffing in the turkey, but very good. Used a Jazz apple in the turkey, by the way. The Summer Pudding was the biggest surprise of the night. The Meyer-Lemon cake may be my new favorite dessert.
Juicing night. Served left overs on paper plates to minimize after-supper cleanup, and then we started juicing. Beverly and I got a little system going on the carrots, and when JA came home from work he joined us in the kitchen, even before he ate supper. Barry showed us how to fold the stuff up into the bags, and showed JA how to work the press. Shawn came and hung around the kitchen, curious about the taste of things, and maybe about the laughter that was happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment