Sunday, July 27, 2014

17 04 26

Ryan: you can just count on us every time. Ryan came in so that I could write out my check to A Sharper Image and I asked if he and Angela were going to be at Goodtimes. He said, "Yes." After a tiny pause, he added, "You can just count on us being here every time. My grandmother used to do the same thing."


Bridge over troubled water. Barry and I were on our way home from having had supper at the houseboat, and were listening to the radio. This song came on, and I remembered being 20, and in that little apartment off Springhill Avenue. Singing that song out loud, loving the song, thinking that I sang it well, which I probably didn't. A good moment though. 

Mike and Maria. Maria is from Argentina. I'm not sure if her husband's name is Mike, but I think so. Her daughter is due to have twins in just a few weeks. Her daughter and her son-in-law are both doctors. When she left Argentina, they didn't say anything to her about her being pregnant, but as soon as she got here, "Surprise!" I got the feeling she would have stayed in Argentina if she'd had any idea grandbabies would be coming so soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment