June 5. Annette said that I am like a mother to her. We were talking about my coming back with to pre-op with her and Andrew. She wanted me there. "You are like a mother to me."
The tone in Andrews voice when he paid for my lunch. It was 11 when they finally took Annette back. Andrew asked me if I wanted to go to the cafeteria. Took us a minute to find it, and it is more of a food court than anything, with three or four different stations. When I got my plate, he asked if I wanted to put it on his tray, and he got to the cashier first, while I was getting my drink. I got my card out, but he said, "Mom, I've got this" and I could just tell from his expression that I needed to let him do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment