Monday, January 13, 2014
14 01 13
~When I explained to Faith that she was the oldest grandbaby who hadn't graduated from high school who was with us last night, and asked her if she would lead us in the blessing, she said, "Sure!"
~Not so much "Joy Journal" as "It happened this day." --- Kim said Noah got rid of a lot of his toys. He wasn't playing them with anymore. She was kind of wistful, but as he was standing right by, she added, "They went to another little boy, who will enjoy them."
~Used Grandmother's cake knife and server for Angela and Ryan to cut their cake. (We wanted to do something a little special at our first Second Sunday Supper after their engagement announcement. So, Beth took care of finding someone to make a fancy cake for us, and she and Morgan got some decorations for us, and came early to get everything set up. It was all beautiful, and Angela and Ryan were both very happy. He put a sweet post of Facebook about it. Anyway, I'd worried that cutting the cake together might seem like I was too weddingy, and ditto for blowing out a candle together and making a wish, but it seemed like there should be something. I went looking for a candle holder, and wanted one of Grandmother's, but somehow I do not have a candle holder that was hers. In my search though, I ran across a cake knife and server that were hers, and we used those. Then I sent Angela and Ryan about Grandmother and Granddad, and his remembering how beautiful a bride she was.) It was fun for me to connect Grandmother and Granddad to them, even though I know that doesn't exactly happen with cake serving utensils.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment